Quartz has deep roots in healthcare as an organization co-owned by Gundersen Health System and UW Health. Gundersen Health Plan began in 1995 as a way for Gundersen Health System to finance its own employees’ healthcare and the plan quickly grew to provide benefit plans for other area businesses. Today, the plan offerings are known under the brand name Quartz.
We are located in La Crosse, Sauk City, Middleton and Madison, Wisconsin and service portions of Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa. Our medical management team is staffed by experienced clinical nurses and medical directors who are practicing physicians.
Mission: We distinguish ourselves through service excellence, and by providing value through affordable insurance solutions and access to high quality, cost-effective medical care.
Vision: We will be the Health Plan of choice in our service area, known for our nationally recognized quality and service, and our affordable insurance products.
We have an extensive provider network. In association with local medical providers, we offer a variety of plan benefit structures to meet your needs including:
- Customized Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans
- Point of Service (POS) plans with out-of-network coverage
- Self funded plan options
- Senior Preferred - a Medicare Advantage Plan
- Senior Choice - a Medicare Supplement Plan
- Medicare Select - a Medicare Supplement Plan, underwritten by Unity Health Insurance Plans Corporation
- BadgerCare Plus